Safe Site Storage
187 N. 100 W.
St. George, UT 84770
435-703-4010* Jennifer@stgeorgeutahlaw.com * www.safesitestorage.com
Rent is due the 1st of the month. Late fee of $25.00 are applied on the 10th. A check returned for NSF is assessed a $30.00 charge
1. Rent from ______________________________ for the storage unit______ is $___________per month payable in advance on the 1st of each calendar month and remitted to the landlord at the address stated above. Rent for the first month only shall be prorated. This lease will terminate at the end of the prepaid period unless it is renewed each month by tenant paying the monthly rental in advance as provided herein. Landlord reserves the right to evict tenant with one-month notice at the discretion of the Landlord. Landlord hereby acknowledges payment of $_____________for rental to __________________. NO RENT REFUNDS ARE GRANTED. Landlord also acknowledges receipt from tenant of $____________ to be used as a deposit to secure the obligations of tenant herein. The deposit, without interest, will be returned to the tenant within 30 days after termination of this lease provided tenant has complied with all tenantâ€(tm)s obligations hereunder. Any unpaid charges, damages, rent due or unit left UNSWEPT ($20 minimum) may be deducted from the deposit. This deposit may be forfeited in its entirety if tenant fails to provide landlord with at least 10 daysâ€(tm) written notice of tenantâ€(tm)s intention to not renew this lease at the end of any prepaid rental period .
2. Tenant hereby agrees that the storage unit will not be used for an unlawful purpose nor will tenant store explosive, highly inflammable materials or extra-hazardous goods of any nature in the unit. Tenant shall hold landlord, other tenants and third persons harmless and shall save and defend said persons from any loss resulting from the violation of this provision.
3. Tenant has inspected the unit and the unit is accepted by tenant in its present condition, usual wear and tear excepted. Except for structural components, all repairs shall be at the tenantâ€(tm)s sole cost and expense.
4. It is hereby agreed that landlord is not engaged in the business of storing goods for hire or in the warehousing business but is simply a landlord renting a storage unit in which tenant can store items of personal property owned by tenant. Therefore, all personal property on or in the storage unit shall be at the risk of the tenant and landlord will not be liable for any damage, either to person or property, sustained by tenant or others, caused by the acts of others or any defects now in the unit and tenant hereby agrees to defend and hold landlord harmless from any and all claims for damages suffered or alleged to be suffered in or about the unit by any person.
5. Landlord will not maintain supervision or control over the storage unit rented herein but said unit is under the exclusive control of tenant and tenant must take whatever steps are necessary to safeguard whatever property is stored in the unit. If the tenant desires to keep the unit locked, he must provide his own locks and keys and must be fully responsible for possession of the keys. Landlord maintains insurance on the entire building structure, but said insurance does not provide for coverage for property belonging to tenant. If tenant wishes to have his property covered by insurance, tenant must apply for separate coverage. Landlord shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for loss or damage to the property of tenant in the storage unit no matter what the cause, including fire, explosion, theft, wind or water damage, or acts of omission by persons occupying property in the adjoining storage units or any part of the building of which the storage tenant is a part.
6. Tenant will allow landlord free access at all reasonable times to the unit for the purpose of inspection, making repairs, additions, or alterations to the unit that may be required under landlordâ€(tm)s obligations contained herein, but this right shall not be construed as an agreement on the part of the landlord to make any repairs.
7. It is expressly agreed by tenant that the rent and other charges herein shall be a first lien on the personal property in the storage unit, and tenant grants a security interest in the property in said storage unit to secure said rent and other charges. Failure of the tenant to pay rent within 40 days after the rent is due and after notice of the same has been mailed to tenant, the unit shall be deemed to be abandoned by tenant. Upon the abandonment of the unit, and upon the failure of tenant in any other circumstance to pay rent when due, or upon the failure of tenant to vacate the unit promptly upon the termination of the lease, landlord shall have and is hereby granted by the tenant the following rights, in addition to other remedies of law.
a. To break and remove any lock belonging to tenant on the door, enter the storage unit and inspect the contents and replace tenantâ€(tm)s lock with one belonging to landlord until the landlord in the manner herein provided disposes of such contents.
b. Before disposing of the contents by public or private sale, which may be conducted upon such terms and conditions as are commercially reasonable, landlord will mail to tenant a written notice, certified mail, return receipt requested, that landlord has taken possession of such contents and will dispose of the same following the expiration of ten (10) consecutive days following the date the notice is mailed. If certified mail is returned unclaimed, public notice shall be placed in the local newspaper for 2 weeks and cost shall be applied to tenants past due balance.
c. When said ten days has elapsed, landlord may dispose of the contents of the unit in a commercially reasonable manner. The proceeds of such sale to be applied first to the cost of such sale (not less than $100), second to payment of the charges which may then be due from tenant to landlord under any of the terms of this lease agreement,
d. If any of the contents of the storage unit to be disposed of consist of papers, pictures, documents or like personal property that may not be considered to have any significant sale value, landlord may dispose of same in any reasonable manner.
e. It is agreed that tenant shall pay all costs and expenses, including attorneyâ€(tm)s fees, which shall be incurred by landlord in enforcing the terms of this lease.
8. Tenant leases the unit for a specific term, but not less than one month. At the expiration of said term, if tenant continues to pay rent and occupy the unit, tenantâ€(tm)s occupancy of said unit shall be as a tenant from month-to-month at the current monthly rent, and tenant hereby agrees that all the covenants and conditions contained herein shall continue in full force and effect so long as tenant retains possession of the unit.
9. Tenant shall not conduct any business or commercial sale or purchase transactions on the storage unit other than incidental to storage of goods, merchandise or property related to an off-site business or enterprise.
10. Tenant shall indemnify, save and hold harmless and defend landlord and the storage unit, at tenantâ€(tm)s expense, from and against all claim, expenses, and liabilities arising from any act or occurrence on or about the storage unit or any acts of negligence of tenant, or agents, contractors, employees, invitees or licenses of tenants.
11. TENANT SHALL NOT ASSIGN THIS LEASE or any part thereof and shall not let or sublet the whole or any portion of the unit leased herein without the WRITTEN CONSENT of the landlord. Tenant shall remain the primary responsible party at all times.
12. Any notice required to be given under this lease shall be in writing and shall be sent by certified mail, return receipt requested and addressed to the other party at the addresses shown in herein. Any such notice shall be deemed to have been given at the time it is duly deposited in the United Sates mail system. The addresses may be changed by written notice No term or condition herein may be waived or changed other than by written agreement, and tenant agrees that only an officer of landlord may authorize any specific waiver, modification or extension of any of the terms or conditions herein. This lease will be binding upon the parties, their heirs, successors, personal representatives and assigns. Form revised 12/11
I HAVE READ THIS CONTRACT & UNDERSTAND WHAT IT SAYS.
Safe Site Storage Signature________________________________________Date_______________
Lessee Name_________________________Lessee Signature___________________________Date_____________
Cell Phone_______________________Home Phone______________________Work Phone_____________________________________
Drivers License #_______________________________________________Emergency Contact_______________________________
Safe Site Storage
This is a month-to-month agreement
Rent is due on the first of each month. A $25 late feewill be assessed on all units not paid by the 10th.
IF YOU ARE STORING A CAR OR MACHINERYâ€"THESE ITEMS ARE PRONE TO LEAKING! EVEN WHEN OIL IS CLEANED TO THE BEST OF ANYONEâ€(tm)S ABILITY, THE FLOOR IS NEVER THE SAME AND ALWAYS LOOKS STAINED AND DIRTY. YOUR DEPOSIT WILL BE USED TO CLEAN UP OIL STAINS AND YOU MAY BE BILLED IN ADDITION TO THAT. PLEASE USE AMPLE CARDBOARD UNDERNEATH VEHICLESâ€"ANYTHING WITH OIL OR FLUIDS.
The tenant is encouraged and advised to read and understand Condition 7 on page 1 of this rental agreement.
Some helpful hints follow:
*Mice are a fact of life. They may be repelled by sheets of fabric softener (bounce). Store food in metal containers.
*Please place only one lock on your unit(s), and please do it right away.
*THERE IS NO CAMPING, NO COOKING, NO HEATING OR COOLING OF UNITS, NO REFRIGERATORS, FREEZERS OR APPLIANCES, (PLUGGED IN) NO FANS, NO VEHICLES PLUGGED IN, NO LOITERING, CONGREGATING, SANDING, PAINT-SPRAYING, CHANGING OIL OR FLUIDS, OR SOCIALIZING IN UNITS. ALSO NO STORAGE OF GASOLINE, EXPLOSIVES OR DANGEROUS CHEMICALS & NO SLEEPING. YOUR UNIT IS FITTED WITH AN ELECTRIC LIGHT BUT NOTHING EXTRA SHALL BE ADDED TO THE FIXTURE.
*CONDENSATION may occur.You are also advised to cover your possessions with plastic etc.because of DUST, MOISTURE OR OTHER ELEMENTS OF NATURE.
*THERE IS NO EXTENDED PARKING ANYWHERE on the Old West Storage site. Violators will be given a sticker during the first hour and will be towed away at ownerâ€(tm)s expense after that.
*If you TRANSFER to a new unit, your transfer contract is not as complete as your original contract, BUT YOU WILL STILL BE HELD TO ALL THE PROVISIONS OF THIS, THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT.
*ANY BREACH OF THIS CONTRACT MAY RESULT IN EVICTION AND LOSS OF ENTIRE DEPOSIT
*SWEEPING. Once the lock is off your unit, and you have given notice to vacate, if it is not swept & cleaned out, we will not return your $25.00 cleaning deposit . If you plan to come back later and sweepâ€"leave your lock on. Same with trash.
SAFE SITE STORAGE VALUES YOUR PATRONAGE. WE HOPE YOUR STORAGE EXPERIENCE WITH US IS SATISFACTORY!
I HAVE READ THIS CONTRACT AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONDITIONS.
Revised12/11 email address (optional) _________________________________________
Ours email is--- Jennifer@stgeorgeutahlaw.com your fax #__________________________